It's your choice
Clients can choose from the following topics to customize Etiquette Principles training or consulting sessions:
Click below to read more about each topic:
- Manners & Principles
- Proper Introductions
- Business Social Events
- Dining & Table Manners
- Workplace Issues and Generational Conflict
- Professional Image
- 24/7 Professional
- Body Language
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- New Hire Training
- Meeting Protocol
- Manners and Principles - Etiquette Principles will teach you to incorporate consideration, respect and honesty into your everyday life. Job skills get you in the door, but people skills get you the deal, the contract, the promotion and the best relationships. Good manners make for good business. Learn the “why” behind the manners and principles of etiquette to rise above competition.
- Communications - Many companies are increasingly focused on employee communication
because rude and uncivilized behavior in the workplace has a negative effect on
a company’s corporate image. Communication plays a
huge role in etiquette. Whether it’s returning a phone call, following up on a
request, listening intently or sticking to a commitment, Etiquette Principles
will guide you through the basics.
- Introductions - Who do you introduce to whom? What do you
do if you forget someone’s name? How exactly do you shake hands? Starting out on the wrong foot means apologizing before even beginning
to build a relationship. Etiquette Principles will help create a positive first impression by mastering the art of
an effective introduction.
Social Etiquette - Having strong social etiquette skills and being able
to positively present oneself is no longer a luxury, but an expectation in
today’s increasingly competitive society and workplace. According to a recent
Harvard Business Review, 80% of all jobs landed in the past 10 years were
achieved through social networking. Etiquette
Principles will provide practical tips on
strategies to be effective and achieve one's goals when at a business or social
- Dining & Table Manners - A high percentage of executives say their most successful
business meetings are conducted at a restaurant over a meal. Employers also say
that a person’s table manners may be a deciding factor in landing a deal. Etiquette
Principles will guide you through the place setting, utensils, wine selecting,
course ordering, business discussion, and more.
- International Global Etiquette - Do you travel to China for business? Are your employees from another country moving to the United States? Etiquette Principles will help employees fit into whatever situation they are entering to earn respect and business worldwide. The business world spans the globe, and so should your etiquette and cultural knowledge. We discuss relevant cultural differences, including greetings and gift giving, and provide guidelines for being prepared to do business with other countries.
- Workplace Issues and Generational Conflict - Is your coworker texting through the company meeting? Did you accidentally send an email to the wrong person with private information in it? Are you worried about what your employees are posting on Facebook or Twitter? Is the 60-year-old fighting with the 24-year-old in your office? Lack of manners between coworkers leaves a lot more behind than a few raw feelings; it increases employee dissatisfaction and causes stress, which leads to HR issues. Let Etiquette Principles motivate and retain staff by teaching the importance of managing workplace relationships.
- Image - Whether you like it or not, image matters. How you dress speaks volumes about what kind of person you are and how you feel about yourself. If your employees are not living up to company expectations with regard to image, look to Etiquette Principles to make a difference. Throughout this course, employees will learn that what you wear says a lot about who you are and where you want to be. Part of what builds a great relationship is your appearance and what people think about you.
- 24/7 Professional - Are you concerned with how your employees act at happy hour, weekends away or company conventions? Like it or not, people are judged by public behavior, and actions outside of the office can lead to potential issues. Whether you are at a sporting event, a holiday party or out for drinks, Etiquette Principles will guide even the toughest employee.
- Body Language - What do you do if the person you are selling to crosses his arms mid appointment? Are you sending the wrong signals to prospects, coworkers or clients without even realizing it? Learn the best tips to win over customers and build trust. After all, 55% of our nonverbal communication is our body language. In this session, you will learn to understand the needs and desires of customers and develop awareness that will give you the competitive edge.
- Difficult Situations - Are you sick of hearing Fred clip his toenails at his desk? How do you tell your coworker she has body odor? Difficult people and situations come in every variety and no workplace is without them. Etiquette gives you the confidence and polish to handle the toughest situations. In this session, you will learn how to master the five-step process for dealing with the most difficult situations.
- New Hire Training - Etiquette Principles leads and designs new employee orientations. Studies show that companies that invest in effectively integrating the new employee will increase motivation, retention and job satisfaction. With a heavy focus on customer service and teamwork, employees will leave the session motivated about their new career.
- Meeting Protocol - Did your meeting last much longer than it needed to? Do you have an employee who constantly interrupts? Let Etiquette Principles teach you how to conduct the most efficient and productive meetings. In this session, topics will include: punctuality, coming to the meeting prepared, actively participating in discussions, being positive with your group, and more.
“How refreshing and timely. From the texting generation to the baby boomers—the art of etiquette is sadly disappearing. Whether you just need a touch-up or a full immersion, Liz, is the person to teach you the skills to appear confident, elegant and professional in any business situation. Her energetic and engaging style will make this one of the most enjoyable seminars you have ever taken! Liz is awesome!”
—Chuck Bokar, Principal, Design Resource Center
“Absolutely superb! Liz has an amazing knack for presenting her concepts in a thought-provoking and clear style. Her ideas and suggestions would enhance anyone's ability to bridge the gap between business and etiquette. She clearly has a deep understanding of not only the topic, but the thought processes that go into creating better interpersonal relationships out of socially awkward situations. I highly recommend her and her coursework...she will help your business!”
—Brad Guck, District Manager, Administaff
“Liz, Thank you so much for coming to Indianapolis to help us grow our skills as professionals and as people. Your presentation helped us address issues with grace, candor, sensitivity – as well as fun! You were fabulous!”
—Betsy Hamlett, Director of Sales for Kenra, Ltd.